Friday, March 30, 2018

Barbie Doll Of South - Cute Vijayawada WAG5 Pays Offlink Visit To SER

BZA WAG5 visits SER. #Offlink | © Soumo's Railways
So, this blog post goes as the final one for March. At this time of the year most of us are struggling with our (financial-) year ending projections and meetings. So it is also some sort of a year ending post.

Not only March is the end of a financial year, but several communities all across India, and around South Asia, will have their new year's in April.

Sometimes I wonder that how fast the first three months of this year ended! Days are going away so fast, and if you have noticed, I am a little behind updating my blog and other social media handles. While I am trying best to update things in time, I hope you all are doing well and enjoying my blog and updates on YouTube and elsewhere.

Unfortunately summer is not at all a good time for railfanning. The main and only challenging issue is of course the difficult weather condition - throughout the country. I urge my RF friends to take enough precautions before going out in the sun and heat. Maybe it is better and good idea to wait for the weather to turn good - while I am writing this, I am also taking this as a self note for myself.

Last week on March 21st - Wednesday, in a major offlink, CLW made BZA Vijayawada WAG5 (no. 23848) came in to the Shalimar Railway station of SER with the 22836 Puri Shalimar Weekly SF Express. This train usually gets a VSKP WAP4 loco for it's run, or any loco from the VSKP shed, but today I was very happy when I saw this fellow with the BZA loco.

I always write the following note when I talk about the "22836 Puri Shalimar SF Weekly express", that this is just an awesome train. I am sure you will enjoy if you travel in it. The train gains so much speed at night and it is just amazing. I really recommend this train if you are travelling from Puri/BBS/CTC to Howrah/ Kolkata and vice versa. If Shalimar is inconvenient, see if you can get your tickets from SRC.

22836 Shalimar Puri Weekly SF Express departs Puri every Tuesday and arrives Shalimar the next day/ Wednesday. It departs later same day evening (Wednesday) around 2055 hrs (as train no. 22835) and reaches PURI the next morning on 0540 hrs. It touches SRC-Santragachi, KGP-Kharagpur, BLDA-Belda, BLS-Balasore, BHC-Bhadrak, JJKR-Jajpur Keonjhar Road, CTC-Cuttack, BBS- Bhubaneswar, KUR-Khurda Road and PURI-Puri. Read more about this train here and here.

The 22836 Puri Shalimar Weekly SF Express is also a frequently spotted train on my blog. You can track all my posts on this train here.

Here in the video it is seen leaving the station area after duty. Just look how magnificent is the loco!


BZA WAG5 leaving via PDPK | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data: Date: March 21, 2018 Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station, Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway Loco: BZA WAG5 (no. 23848)
Loco Shed: BZA Vijayawada
Loco Zone: SCR - South Central Railway.
Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment