Thursday, August 10, 2017

WAG9 Powered Freight Train Makes A Speedy Pass Through KHAI

WAG9 hauled freight passes KHAI | © SoumosRailways



Yesterday on August 9th, I had the oppertunity to visit KHAI - Khirai Railway station in 'East Midnapore' or Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal (near Panskura), while on my way to KGP-Kharagpur from SRC-Santragachi railway station. This is about 74 km from Howrah on the rail tracks.

The train enters KHAI © SoumosRailways
This small station falls under the South Eastern Railway Zone of the Indian Railway network. I was there for a very short while and could make a few videos of trains passing the station while I waited for my onward local train. Yesterday the train frequency was very bad. Those that I pictured were mostly freights, though there were several express trains which I however couldn't capture for some situational inconvenience only.


Here is the first one of a series on KHAI: a WAG9 locomotive hauled freight train passing KHAI at a very high speed. To my knowledge, WAG9-Hi variant of WAG9 loco is the most powerful locomotive of the Indian Railway network. You can watch the video here:



Thanks for stopping by.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment