Friday, February 16, 2018

Elusive Santragachi WAP7 Goes With Aranyak Express From Shalimar

Surprise waits for me | © Soumo's Railways
I was returning home (to Shalimar) from Bhubaneswar from a work trip this Wednesday on the 22836 Puri Shalimar Weekly SF Express and while arriving at Shalimar I found that our regular Aranyak got one of those new SRC P7s (no. 30633) for the day's service. I was actually recording my trip to the station but also trying to note what loco Aranyak got while the train entered the station, so there that was, a SRC P7!!

After the train arrived at the station, I just ran with my luggage. Since I stay relatively at a walking distance from the station, I normally walk from station to home whenever I travel via Shalimar. So I ran really fast, crossed the closed 3rd level-crossing (sorry, but it was safe), and took a position before Aranyak started from Shalimar. Sadly the shunter blocked much of the view. Thought of raising a hand and asking the LP of the shunter to slow down, but maybe that would be much silly. Anyway hope you like the video of whatever I could record. The video is linked below or watch it on my YouTube Channel here. As I said above, this was last Wednesday, on February 14th, so maybe this is sort of a belated Valentines day special!
SRCP7 on SHM PF | © Soumo's Railways

Now I really don't know if the loco is coming regularly for Aranyak. I was away recently and not visited SHM-PDPK area for sometime. I do remember that once TATA WAP7s were coming regularly for Aranyak and I was somewhat shocked then that train like Aranyak got WAP7s.  I'll try to keep an eye on this train later this weekend just in case another of these elusive SRC P7s come in, which I will update in the blog.

BTW, I spot the Aranyak Express, outgoing Shalimar, quite regularly, since it is a regular one from my home station SHM-PDPK. You can read all my past posts and even follow future posts about spotting the Aranyak Express hereI also recommend you to check out my posts about the 22836 Puri Shalimar SF Express, which I also follow very often. The posts can be found here.

Watch this beauty!! | © Soumo's Railways
I have also made a short update of my current trip on Puri Shalimar which I actually made from Uluberia to Shalimar. My ticket was in Puri Howrah Shatabdi on Saturday, but thought of returning home early. So I had hopped on a GS coach and slept all night after a tiresome day, so sadly didn't record anything.

I am also yet to update my return journey from Puri to Shalimar on this same train. oh I have much to share. I'll update them in due course and will also link those here. I always write the following note when I talk about the "22836 Puri Shalimar SF Weekly express", that this is just an awasome train. You would love if you travel in it. The train gains so much speed at night and it is just amazing. I really recommend this train if you are travelling from Puri/BBS/CTC to Howrah/ Kolkata and vice versa. If Shalimar is inconvenient, get your tickets from SRC.

22835 Shalimar Puri Weekly SF Express departs later same day evening (Wednesday) around 2055 hrs and reaches PURI the next morning on 0540 hrs. It touches SRC-Santragachi, KGP-Kharagpur, BLDA-Belda, BLS-Balasore, BHC-Bhadrak, JJKR-Jajpur Keonjhar Road, CTC-Cuttack, BBS- Bhubaneswar, KUR-Khurda Road and PURI-Puri. Read more about this train here and here.

Watch the coverage here:



Leaving with Aranyak | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data: Date: February 14, 2018 Place: SHM-Shalimar Railway Station, Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway Loco: SRC Santragachi WAP7 [no. 30633] Loco Shed: SRC Santragachi Loco Zone: SER - South Eastern Railway Train: 12885 Aranyak Express.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment