Monday, July 24, 2017

Visakhapatnam WAG5 Brings in the 22836 PURI SHM Weekly SF Express

On my latest RF visit to Kolkata-Shalimar (SHM), spotted the 22836 PURI to Shalimar Weekly SF Express coming in/ arriving at Shalimar with a VSKP-Visakhapatnam WAG5 locomotive (no. 23575). However I may not call this an offlink as this train for this journey usually gets a VSKP WAP4 but today there was a WAG5 as you can see in the video I made.

The 22836 Puri Shalimar or the Shalimar Puri train is quite a good one, and I and my family have traveled on this train several times in the past. In fact this is also our favourite train for returning from Puri. So if someone is wondering whether to book tickets on this train, then I do recommend it. However it is to be noted that this train, along with several others of this route (I guess) is arriving quite late (read below), that might be a temporary (I hope so) operational/ technical issue which should resolve in future.


Heavy rain | © SoumosRailways
This day the train was almost two hours late (realtime position update on NTES was a mess as it is normal now) and it suddenly came in, and it was raining so it was sort of much difficult to hold the camera straight and also protect it from rain (I was not carrying an umbrella). Hence apologies certain shaky segments, but still I made some edits which are hopefully bearable. Hope you enjoy the entry of the train as I did.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment