Wednesday, September 13, 2017

ITARSI's Barbie Doll Visits Shalimar Railway Station

ET _ Itarsi WAG5 at Shalimar | © Soumo's Railways
Honestly when I first saw the loco, I was not aware that these are popularly known as "Barbie Dolls" (livery) *** . It was nevertheless great to see the rusty looking WAG-5A 23294 coming to haul the Shalimar Adra Rajya Rani Express (on September 11, see RF data below). My YouTube follower Mr. Rabin Saha comments "ET WAG 5 (23294) is the first WAG 5 class locomotive which was built in conventional shell as WAG 7 and WAP 4". He further adds, "... 23293 is the last WAG 5 built in WAM 4 shell which has round glass like WAM 4. It belongs to Asansol electric loco shed".

This train along with the 12885 Aranyak Express is always a delight to spot as they get all sort of locomotives.


ET _ Itarsi WAG5 at Shalimar | © Soumo's Railways
I was just right on time to the Shalimar Railway Station. I was so tired that morning and thought I would skip going for morning walk; then I finally decided to go and really the walk was really memorable with so many great sightings at the station area. For example, I was so surprised to find a WAP7 for the Aranyak Express a few hours later (read about it here). I am still yet to post some more interesting videos, I'd rather call them exclusives(!!). When I post them you can read them here. I'll also link those at this post as well. 

Watch the Barbie doll approaching the SHM - Shalimar Railway Station from the link below:






- also, watch the loco leaving Shalimar with the 22861 Rajya Rani Express:





RF Data:

Date: September 11, 2017
Place: Near PDPK - Padmapukur & SHM - Shalimar Railway Stations
Zone: SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: ET ITARSI "Barbie Doll" WAG5 no. 23294
Loco Shed: West Central Railway.
Assigned For Train: 22861 Shalimar Adra Rajya Rani Express

*** 
I am still not exactly sure why this is called Barbie Dolls (livery), apologies for ignorance. I shall ask and will update this blog later. Corrections & opinions are very much appreciated.
PS: I may not be posting on Instagram temporarily due to phone malfunction. YouTubeFacebookTwitter & this Blog would be updated as usual.

Thanks for stopping by. Corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment