Monday, September 25, 2017

That Was Close! Shalimar Adra Express Passes Just Inches Away!

Rajya Rani Express Approaches | © Soumo's Railways
Today again I had a great morning walk cum RF/trainspotting session between the SHM-Shalimar and PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Stations.

When I arrived at the station early in the morning, the first spotting was a SRC-Santragachi WAP4 which was coming in for the 22861 Shalimar Adra Rajya Rani Express scheduled to leave Shalimar at 0635 AM. I was a little disappointed, as there was no offlink loco today. However the SRC WAP4 is the normal expected loco link of this train. The SRC-WAP4s are pretty common locos as we all know. But later I had a great oppertunity to closely record the passing of this train near PDPK which was sort of a compensation to the SRC WAP4 loco today!

You can watch the the Shalimar Adra Express passing me by clicking on the video thumbnail below:





As I am posting this blogpost, I am yet to edit and upload the video of the loco arriving at Shalimar railway station. As soon as I finish that, I shall update this blog and will list it here. There were some more interesting sightings of WAG9s, WAP7, etc which I shall also update in new blog posts in the next few days.

Durga idol at a studio near SHM | © Soumo's Travelbox
I wish you all a very happy 'Navaratri' and 'Durga Puja'! My hometown Howrah, along with the city of Kolkata is ready for the Durga Puja festival. Here on the right is picture of a Goddess Durga idol made by a local artist in his studio near the Shalimar Railway station. This was taken by me today while returning home after the RF session. The idol is ready to be shipped to a pandal for worshipping which begins tomorrow. This was very close to where I was railfanning today!

RF Data:

Date: September 25, 2017
Place: Near PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station
Zone: SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: SRC Santragachi WAP4 no. 22387
Loco Shed: South Eastern Railway.
Assigned For Train: Outbound 22861 Shalimar Adra 'Rajya Rani Express' from Shalimar.

My Instagram to continues to be silent due to phone malfunction. YouTubeFacebookTwitter & this Blog are updated as usual.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment