Saturday, September 2, 2017

Powerful WAG9 H Loco With Freight Train Was Spotted At SHM Shalimar

Green monster approaching! | © Soumo's Railways
Happy September everyone. If you have noticed me not posting since mid-August, it is because I decided to take a short break for health reasons. However today on the 02nd of September, I decided to go out and do some train spotting at the SHM-Kolkata Shalimar Railway Station and keep up the blog posts.

I spotted quite a few good locos today along with some regular trains (like the 22861 Shalimar Adra 'Rajya Rani' Express and 12885 Shalimar Bhojudih 'Aranyak Express') which I shall post in the next few days.

The video I want to share today is of a WAG-9 H locomotive (no. 31650) that brought in a freight train with rail tracks to Shalimar Railway Station yard.

Wagons Made By Burn Standard Co | © Soumo's Railways
WAG9 Locomotive is said to me the most powerful locomotive (freight) in Indian Railways fleet. It is said to be similar to the WAP-7 locomotive. WAG9-H, WAG9-Hi are some variants of the WAG9 locomotive.

More information about the WAG9 loco can be found here; and also if you have noticed in the picture on the left, some of the wagons that came in was made by the historic 'Burn Standard Company' located in my hometown Howrah! I find these markings on the freight wagons quite interesting and I was thinking to photograph and log such markings on the wagons in the future. I actually have quite a few of such photos in my archive.

The video of the train's approach can be seen by clicking on the link/ video thumbnail below:


Thanks for stopping by, the next loggings made today will follow in the upcoming blog posts.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment