Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year & Special Post With Brand New SRC WAP7

SRC's new boy coming in | © Soumo's Railways
Happy New Year everyone. 2017 passed so fast and we are alreay into 2018. I wish good luck to all of you and may you all have a blessed year ahead. Thank you so much for your kind support to my blog and for being a part of this initiative of sharing the common interest on the Indian Railways.

Since last two posts, I am sharing my recent sightings of trains from my day trip around PKU-Panskura Junction. Read the two posts here and here. There will be more posts in this series.

As most of you already know that SRC-Santragachi loco shed finally got some WAP7 locomotives; and the news when came out thrilled both the local and railfans across India. The P7 locomotives were new addition to SRC's WAP4 only ELS-Electric Loco shed, which was till now sort of something unique among all other zones of IR that housed only one kind of locomotive, WAP4.

This is my first capture of SRC-WAP7, and in fact when I took the video of the train, I did not see/ notice that it was of SRC's. The train came out through fog and passed so fast that I was not able to read the shed name. When I came to home and was logging that captures in a spreadsheet, I was surprised to find the loco was actually from SRC, one the most desired one by the railfans' these days! I have casually noted on Facebook that SRC is sending these new P7s to long haul trips towards Mumbai/ Yesvantpur route, and to Odisha mostly.

So here goes the brand new SRC-Santragachi WAP7 locomotive (no. 30558) that was spotted by me with the 12262 Howrah Mumbai CSMT AC Duronto Express near NPMR railway station earlier last week, and I dedicate this post to all of you as the first post of 2018!.

Watch SRC-WAP7 tears through with 12262 Howrah Mumbai CSMT Doronto Express here:



Mix match red-LHB & usual Duronto rakes | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data (for the current observation):
Date: December 26, 2017
Place: Outskirts of NPMR Railway station (Near PKU-Panskura Jn).
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: SRC - Santragachi WAP7 (no. 30558)
Loco Shed: SRC-Santragachi

(**Please report if any link above is broken)

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment