Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Arakkonam WAG5 Duo Brings In Ashok Leyland Mini Truck Consignment

AJJ WAG5 duo comes with AL consignment | © Soumo's Railways
After publishing this post in the morning today, there were some more edits required but I forgot to update it, which I am doing now in the evening! A 'developing post' note was up all the time, so I am really very sorry for the inconvenience caused to all those who couldn't read the final post earlier today. I have finished the post and here it is:
AJJ Duo coming in | © Soumo's Railways

Last Monday I had another very nice railfanning trip as part of my morning walk to the PDPK Padmapukur Railway station. While I was waiting for the Aranyak Express to leave Shalimar; in a big surprise Arakkonam WAG5 duo (no. 23061 & 23376; WAG5-HA variants) was spotted by me with a consignment of Ashok Leyland mini trucks to the Shalimar Yard (SHM, SER) last Monday.

Now this was a special one for me, I have never seen such train carrying brand new vehicles before, so I was pleased to see and record this one (of course I know these type of service exists and Shalimar is not first time getting these). These Ashok Leyland trucks probably comes in from their Tamil Nadu factory and for further forwarding to another place.

Watch the video of the AJJ WAG5 duo bringing in the trucks here:



Ashok Leyland Mini trucks | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data (for the current observation):
Date: January 08, 2018
Place: Outskirts of PDPK-Padmapukur Railway station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: AJJ-Arakkonam (no. 23061 & 23376)
Loco Shed: AJJ-Arakkonam
Train: Freight Train with Ashok Leyland Mini-truck consignment

(**Please report if any link above is broken)

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment