Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Finding EMU - SER's New ICF MEDHA EMU Trains

MEDHA at ULB Station | © Soumo's Railways
Happy May everyone. Sorry as I could not update this blog and also other social media handles regularly in past few weeks, this also includes the YouTube channel- for some professional commitments. However with the start of the new month I hope I can keep things updated in time. I have plans to write and update about the old videos that you have already seen on YouTube, but that might take some time.

Midnapur Local at NPMR | © Soumo's Railways
Last month I had the oppertunity to observe SER's new MEDHA EMU rakes on several occasions. I made a small video compilation and have updated the same today on YouTube.

Railfans' (including me) in southern West Bengal were recently very much excited when South Eastern Railway zone got these lovely EMU trains for the Kolkata suburban railway network. Eastern Railway zone also got their own MEDHA EMUs recently; these are made by the Integral Coach Factory of Chennai. SER being my 'native' zone was an extra reason to rejoice.

Howrah bound train, notice the hot winds!! | © Soumo's Railways
The suburban rail network of Chennai and Mumbai already have MEDHA trains. I visited Chennai last in 2016, I didn't see these then. I have plans to visit Chennai later this year so I might get an oppertunity to see and ride on these. I have also plans to visit Mumbai soon, hopefully.

These MEDHA trains resembles metro/ rapid transit rakes with better passenger comfort and amenities compared to the existing ones. At the time of posting this video, these Medha EMUs of SER are already into full regular services that commenced recently.

I loved these trains and had a good travel experience on them. Several local railfans from around Kolkata have covered the inauguration of these EMUs in derails, but I didn't get that oppertunity somehow. I will try to find some of those and link here later on (if I forget remind me in comments). However in summer, really wished these were air conditioned (however fan system was good). BTW you can see hot air blowing so badly in the last clip as the train approached.

Watch the video here:



Here is the RF Data: Date: Multiple observations in April, 2018 Place: See below. Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Trains: The MEDHA trains as they appear in the video mentioned above:
- Empty brand new rake resting at ULB, the clip dates back before these were introduced to service (I was onboard SRC MCA Slow Local).
- MEDHA Midnapur Local (From Howrah Jn to Midnapur);
Entering the platform | © Soumo's Railways
- MEDHA Howrah Local - (towards Howrah Jn from Midnapur)
Places: Shot at (in same order):
- ULB Uluberia Railway Station,
- NPMR - 'Narayan Pakuria Murail' Station,
- DUAN - 'Duan' Railway Station.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment