Thursday, May 17, 2018

Speedstar Howrah Red Hunk Sweeps Through Rural Odisha

Howrah WAP4 on duty! | © Soumo's Railways
Earlier this year in the month of February, I had a work trip to Bhubaneswar. By the end of the trip, I had an oppertunity to roam around in rural Odisha for a day and with that also came an oppertunity to click some high speed trains on the way.

In this update, I spotted a lovely WAP4 (no. 22326) from the Howrah ELS cruising at high speed with an unidentified train through the MKTP railway station in Odisha.
Sometimes while photographing trains sadly I fail to read up the train boards. Which makes it hard to identify trains. I don't know about others but I find this a good problem. This happens especially at new areas where you are unfamiliar about trains, schedules and other references which you can refer to identify the trains. Often trains with special rakes/ liveries like that of Shatabdi, Humsafar, Tejas, Antyodaya, etc are easy to predict or identify.  However in my home zone too I have found similar issues.

This same thing happened with this spotting. I couldn't read out the train board and thus sadly the train remains unidentified. However since I live in the Howrah district, this is also the flag carrier of my hometown (along with Santragachi). So I was definitely very happy to see this fellow!

Watch the video here:




A few words about MKTP: MKTP is a beautiful station to see trains. But a word of caution - very few trains stop here, so before visiting please refer to the train schedules and carefully read them. I found about 8 RFP personnel who came and stayed at the station from 2 PM till I left the station at around 1930 (I had to stay as I was stuck there. There was no train for BBS; and BTW I didn't take out camera in front of them!). The station goes deserted after sunset and hardly any people/ passengers visit the station. I think in total 3 passengers incl me boarded the Brahmapur Passenger for BBS. Last train to BBS is at 2045 probably. If that is cancelled, you are likely stuck at the station till the next morning. The station also seriously lacks proper lighting: just about 6 tube lights light the whole station (only one side), often most don't work. I highly recommend to return before sunset. If possible visit very early in morning and leave by 1200 to 1400 hrs.

Here is the RF Data (for the current observation):
Date: February 13, 2018
Place:  MKTP (outer), ECoR.
Zone (Spotting location): ECoR East Coast Railway
Locomotive: HWH Howrah WAP4 (no. 22326).
Loco Zone: ER Eastern Railway zone
Train: Unidentified.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment