Friday, December 1, 2017

Twin NJK WAG7s Visit SHM With A Freight Train

NKJ WAG5 no. 23914 leading the train | © Soumo's Railways
Happy December everyone. I wish you all the very best on this festive month. Now Christmas is less than a month away and in India we have lots of fairs and events going on all around us. May you all have a great time ahead.

Yesterday I posted on my blog (actually I wrote two posts, read the first and second one), so I was supposed to skip a new update today, but later on I felt that I should not miss updating the blog on the first day of the month. Earlier last month due to my central India trip, I missed updating the blog on time on quite a few occasions, so my intention was to make things more regular in this month. So here goes a new post for your reading pleasure.
While at the PDPK outer | © Soumo's Railways

NKJ-New Katni Junction loco shed's WAG5 locomotive brothers  (no. 23914 and 23908) were spotted passing the PDPK-Padmapukur Railway station on November 27th with a freight train. They were hauling the freight train with box wagons towards the nearby SHM-Shalimar yard.

Do you all remember my recent 'Photoblog" blog post on these twin NKJ WAG5 locos coming in to the SHM-Shalimar yard with this freight train? If not read it here. Actually these locos and the train was spotted on November 27th, and I had put the videos on queue on my YouTube, though still photos were posted in the photoblog section as I just mentioned; and I am updating/ publishing the video of the locos bringing in the train, today.

Well, the twin NKJ WAG5 locos were not exactly twins however; both were variants but both were (I felt so) freshly painted and looked neat. While the front loco (no. 23914) stole most of the camera time, the loco behind it (no. 23908) was also quite handsome and looked impressive.

Mr. Rabin Saha, on YouTube kindly commented and informed the following, as I quote him" ...NKJ WAG5s are more clear than ET,TKD and VSKPs.Last week I spotted same coloured NKJ brothers at my local station Santoshpur (SSP).I would like to inform you that VSKP WAG5P #23838 which was spotted by you twice was involved in inaugural run of Vishakhapatnam-Araku Glass special passenger". He was referring to my previous sighting of VSKP WAG5 no. 23838, you can read the concerned blog post here.

You can watch the locos passing PDPK here:



After leaving the train to the Shalimar yard, both the locos were spotted leaving the station. I made a video of their departure as well which you can find below:




NKG WAG5 23914 & 23908 | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data:
Date: November 27, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: WAG5 locomotives (no. 23914 and 23908)
Train: Inbound freight train to Shalimar yard.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment