Thursday, December 14, 2017

Photoblog: Aranyak Departs In Dense Fog!!

Aranyak Express cuts through dense fog | © Soumo's Railways
Today it is time for another PhotoBlog update. Earlier this week I couldn't do much railfanning and even could not go out, as there was a bad cyclonic depression condition which lasted for several days (I mentioned earlier in my blog).

It rained much and was gloomy and hot. Now this was very unusual for this time of the year. So after gap of a few days, I  managed to go out this morning and did some railfanning. Main aim however was not trainspotting, but morning walk, anyhow I always carry my small camera with me. Though being Thursday the station area in the morning was calm and quite and there was not many train arrival/ departures. I could only spot this departure of the 12885 Aranyak Express and no other trains came in or went out between 0630 to 0830 AM.

SHM's shunter resembles a giant snake! | © Soumo's Railways
Winter is such an amazing time. Things looks so amazing and mesmerizing. While you are only able to see this picture above for now, I was able to make whole video of the train's departure which I shall share later. Likely it should go up tomorrow on YouTube [Dec 15 Edit: Watch it on the link below or here].

If you remember I posted a similar picture in another recent photoblog post, which you can read here. Shalimar's Shunter loco "WDS6" appeared like a snake out of Shalimar through dense fog and it was shunting the rakes of 22214 Patna Shalimar Duronto. The picture of the same from the previous blog post can be found below.

BTW, the 12885 Aranyak Express is  very frequently spotted train on my blog. You can read all my post about spotting the Aranyak Express here.

Dec 15 update: Watch the video of Aranyak cutting through the fog here:



Here is the RF Data:
Date: December 14, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: SRC WAP4 (no. 22896)
Loco Shed: SRC - Santragachi
Loco Zone: SER - South Eastern Railway
Train: 12885 Aranyak Express.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment