Sunday, December 3, 2017

Photoblog: Visitor From Punjab/ Northern Railways to SER Territory

Guest from NR, Ludhiana WAG9-H visits SER | © Soumo's Railways
I have taken quite a number of pictures recently, so I plan keep the photoblog section active. On the last railfanning session to PDPK last week, I spotted this handsome young hunk from Punjab. Ludhiana WAG9-H locomotive (no. 31471) was waiting at the outskirts of PDPK-Padmapukur. In true sense this is a young loco as from my research I found out that it only came into service last year.

Likely it was resting after leaving/ serving a freight train to Shalimar yard. It kept its front lights on under dense fog. Later it did not come forward towards PDPK/ SHM but moved on towards the loco shed, so I was not able to get a closer view, though I made video of the same, which I shall share sometime later on. I shall also link the video here when I post it in future.

Standing under dense fog | © Soumo's Railways
BTW Locos from Ludhiana is somewhat not rare here in this area, but definitely not regular visitors at the same time. They mostly come with the freight trains to the Shalimar yard and sometimes these locos make offlinks with trains like 22861 or 12885, etc. I have spotted a number of Ludhiana WAG7 (mostly) and other locos from this shed here. This is first time I spotted a Ludhiana WAG9-H in this stretch.

Here is the RF Data:
Date: November 29, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: WAG9-H locomotive (no. 31741)
Loco Shed: LDH Ludhiana
Train: NA.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment