Saturday, December 9, 2017

Red Combo - SC SHM AC Express Gracefully Arrives!

SC SHM AC Express arriving at SHM | © Soumo's Railways
It was so nice to spot this train arriving at Shalimar last Wednesday. If you recall my last post about the BEML EMU (read it here), I was returning home after filming that train. In fact I travelled on the same BEML EMU from Santragachi to Shalimar and just walked to a good spot to find the EMU leaving. After it left it was also time for me to return home. Just in time, I heard the mighty horn of this SRC-WAP4 (no. 22329) and in no time it appeared with the 12774 Secunderabad Shalimar Weekly AC Express, which was upgraded to LHB coaches sometime back. Do watch the video of it's arrival on the link mentioned below or directly here on YouTube.

What always makes me love this train is it's color combination. The bright red WAP4 loco and the bright red LHB coaches makes it so beautiful, and I just wish the generator cum parcel wan was also red instead of the grey-blue livery.

Watch the 12774 SC - SHM Weekly AC Express arriving at SHm-Shalimar here:




© satellite.imd.gov.in/insat.htm
While I am posting this a cyclonic depression has formed here in the eastern region of the country and it raining since the morning. I was planning for another railfanning session this morning, but decided to stay back due to the rains, and it was also much cold. Not a good idea to go out in such weather and it is also not suitable for making videos or general photography. Enclosed is a picture from IMD Indian Meteorological department. I have highlighted the region affected, kindly click on the picture to zoom the area. I think I will have to stay indoors for sometime.

Here is the RF Data:
Date: December 06, 2017
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: SRC WAP4 no. 22329 

(**Please report if any link above is broken)

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment