Thursday, October 19, 2017

Happy Diwali! Post Dedicated To The Shunter: Kharagpur WDS6 Of SHM

KGP WDS6 locomotive | © Soumos Railways
This post is a bit late though as the video was up already on yesterday, this blog and I aim to update the social media accounts after writing this blog post. It is mainly I am a bit occupied with all the Diwali celebrations. However honestly it is not actually 'celebrations' though, but I rather I am trying to rest as a very long work trip awaits for me in the next month of November. Also a reason for not celebrating is a sudden rainy weather here in the Howrah and Kolkata region formed due to a depression condition, so everything is now wet, windy and gloomy as it is absolutely not expected at this festive time of the year.


Happy Diwali from Soumos Railways Blog!
This post is the last update of the October 6th series, and new sightings and spottings will follow in the upcoming blog posts and on Youtube, the same can be followed at the other social media updates of Soumo's Railways. Oh the About section of the blog is also updated meanwhile.

Shunter locomotives are silent hard workers at a railway station that provides important service. This WDS6 locomotive (no 06183**) is the resident shunter of SHM Shalimar and also serves between SRC-Santragachi and the SHM-Shalimar section. I love this veteran loco, BTW I was initially not very much interested in diesel locomotives, but following some recent discussion threads on Facebook groups and thereafter reading some articles, I think I have gained some interest in diesel ones. So if possible I shall try to make some work on the diesel locomotives in the future.

I wish a very Happy Diwali to all my blog readers, may your new year be a prosperous one!


The video of the WDS6 shunter loco coming out through the PDPK station, can be found here in the video thumbnail below:


Here is the RF Data:

Date: October 06, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: KGP WDS6 no. 06183** (diesel)
Loco Shed: KGP - Kharagpur.
Loco Zone: SER South Eastern Railway
Train: Not applicable; shunter locomotive.
** I need to verify & update the loco sl no.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment