Sunday, October 8, 2017

Spotting Patna Duronto After A Long Time And Winter Is Coming

Waiting for signal at PDPK | © Soumos Railways
Today the sky was a little cloudy though it cleared up fast, but still I could feel that sun is slowly taking more time to come up.. winter is approaching fast now. After quite a gap I had the oppertunity to record the arrival of the Patna Shalimar Duronto Express today. In the next winter months, this arrival will be before sunrise in the dark, so it is only a matter of few weeks that I am seeing this train post sunrise!!


Passing PDPK on way to SHM | © Soumos Railways
The 22214 Patna Shalimar Duronto Express today was hauled by a SRC-Santragachi WAP4 loco, no. 22839. I was enjoying the first day of my tryout of the newly purchased Canon Powershot camera with a decent zoom (just in case you missed the last blog post, it is here). This is literally the first railfanning video I made with the new camera. I still need to work on my shaky hand, and other controls of the camera. As I said earlier, I hope I can do some quality railfanning in the coming weeks.

You can watch approach of the train towards SHM-Shalimar via PDPK-Padmapukur by clicking on the video thumbnail below:




Here is the RF Data:
Towards SHM - Shalimar | © Soumos Railways

Date: October 06, 2017
Place: Near PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: WAP4 no. 22839
Loco Shed: SRC - Santragachi.
Loco Zone: SER South Eastern Railway
Loco Assigned to train: Inbound 22214 Duronto Express to SHM

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment