Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Bizarre Offlink: BHILAI WAG7 Visits SER To Serve Shalimar Rajya Rani Express

BHILAI WAG7 hauls the 22861 Rajya Rani | © Soumo's Railways
 Yesterday I stopped at PDPK-Padmapukur and SHM-Shalimar (outer) Railway stations for a short railfanning session. This is the first time I visited these stations since my last trip to central India earlier in this month. Winter has already arrived, so considering late sunrise and foggy conditions and thus low visibility, I started from home a bit late but luckily I was just in time as the 22861 Rajya Rani Express was about to cross PDPK.

In summer I would have reached the station area at least one hour earlier. Anyway I was exactly on time to find the train as it passed the station, and also it was a good decision to reach PDPK instead of SHM, otherwise I would have missed the train. The train takes somewhat between 2-4 minutes to arrive/ cross PDPK after starting from Shalimar which I had in my mind. As per new winter schedules, the train is leaving Shalimar 5 minutes early, at 0630 in the morning instead of 0635.

Today there was a surprise offlink. I found a BIA-Bhilai WAG7 hauling the 22861 Rajya Rani Express, which was quite amusing. The Bhilai WAG7 (no. 27697) took out the train at a great speed which was quite impressive. Locos from Bhilai shed is quite rare at this part of the SER zone. Since I was late to reach PDPK I missed arrival of the loco to the station. Anyway it was so nice to spot the train and the loco.

Watch the video of Bhilai WAG7 hauling the 22861 Rajya Rani here:



Speeding through PDPK | © Soumo's Railways

Here is the RF Data:
Date: November 27, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: Bhilai WAG7 (no. 27697)
Loco Shed: BIA - Bhilai
Loco Zone: SECR - South Eastern Central Railway
Train: 22861 Shalimar Adra 'Rajya Rani' Express

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment