Friday, November 17, 2017

Secunderabad Shalimar AC Express Makes A Speedy Pass-Through PDPK

12774 SC - SHM AC Express | © Soumo's Railways
This is the last update from 1st November's spottings before I move on to my newer spottings from the central India trip and I am quite excited about it. This post is about the 12774 Secunderabad Shalimar Weekly AC Express that arrives Shalimar every Wednesday after leaving Secundrabad the previous night. This is a weekly train, an AC Express that was recently (but not very recently) been upgraded to a train of Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coaches. I was trying to make a video of this train for quite sometime, but the time when it arrives at the station (counting the delays), I return home from my morning walk. So that day I decided to stay on and wait for this particular one to come in. The bright red SRC Santragachi WAP4 and the red LHB coaches makes this train a special attraction.

"The train was announced in the 2012 Annual Railway Budget of India and its rake was rolled out in September 2012. The train stops at 14 stations en route, connecting major cities like Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneshwar and Kharagpur. The train runs weekly. The train was flagged off from Secunderabad on 28 May 2013[ at 11:00 am by Kotla Jayasurya Prakasha Reddy, the then Minister of State of Railways and Anjan Kumar Yadav, an MP from Secunderabad  (quoted from  Wikipedia, read the original page here)".

A brief stop at the level crossing | © Soumo's Railways
For some reasons, I had great difficulty to edit this particular video. It was quite shaky, there were obstructions by several people, and so many things - so at one point, I thought of not uploading it and move on to the newer spottings. But then on a second thought, I decided to go on and post provided that day I made much effort to make this video. I think I am able to repair the video much to a watchable merit, let me know how do you feel about it - certainly it is not perfect. I look forward to the feedback here on the blog, or on YouTube or any other social media accounts.

You can watch the video of the train passing PDPK here:



SRC WAP4 no. 22350 leading 12774 | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data:
Date: November 01, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: SRC Santragachi WAP4 (no. 22350)
Loco Shed: SRC Santragachi
Loco Zone: South Eastern Railway
Train: 12774 Secunderabad Shalimar Weekly AC Express

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment