Monday, November 13, 2017

Blog Update & News And Pending Spotting Updates: KZJ WAG7 At Shalimar

Hi all, I was away on a 19 day long work trip to central India starting last November 2nd, but unfortunately I had to cut it short and return home due to a bad cold, high fever and a traveller's tummy. It is not easy to go on when you have all of these while travelling, especially when you are travelling alone and nobody is there to take care of you. What is the point of going so far and not been able to do anything but rest all day without any support risking your health. I decided a prompt return and luckily I arrived home safely yesterday (Sunday 12th), and feeling much better now; hopefully I should be ok by taking rest for a few days. Unfortunately blog updates and the regular posts on YouTube and social media handles were also lagging behind for the same reason.

I shall be sharing the 2-3 pending updates of early November spottings before I share some exclusive ones from my trip. Yes I managed to do some, but very few railfanning videos though, during the trip which ended midway due to my bad health, so please keep checking Soumo's Railways blog for the same.

KZJ WAG7 visits SHM | © Soumo's Railways
The first pending update is of November 1st's spotting at Shalimar. As offlink Kazipet WAG7 locomotive (no. 28438) came in to SHM-Shalimar for the 12885 Aranyak Express. When I was spotting the loco, a gentleman popped up from nowhere and just decided to make a guest appearance on my video. He can be seen doing up his hair before photo bombing with the WAG7. I don't usually mind such instances where people come in blocking the subject - it actually makes things appear quite natural with due exceptions; but what I really disliked is that he spitted in front of the loco while standing there. I edited out that part luckily. I would urge people not to do such dirty things.

The loco can be seen coming in to the station in the video thumbnail link below:





Aranyak Express runs everyday (except Sunday) from SHM-Shalimar to BJE-Bhojudih covering approximately about 310 km. This is a frequently spotted train on my blog. You can read all posts about my spottings of the Aranyak Express here. More information on train can be found here. The station was under light foggy conditions in early November. The train came out of the station with the Kazipet WAG7 and it was such a nice sight to see the train taking the beautiful curves.

The video of the 12885 Aranyak Express leaving the station can be seen on the link below:



As I mentioned above, I had to cut short my trip, but I still have some interesting updates to share here from whatever journey I was able to make. So please stay tuned for the next blog updates in next few days!

Out of foggy SHM station | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data:
Date: November 01, 2017
Place: Near SHM- Shalimar and PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: KZJ - Kazipet WAG7 (no. 28438)
Loco Shed: KZJ - Kazipet
Loco Zone: South Central Railway
Train: 12885 Aranyak Express

KZJ WAG7 with 12885 Aranyak | © Soumo's Railways
Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment