Wednesday, November 15, 2017

VSKP's WAG5 Brings In 22836 Puri SHM Weekly SF & Older Spottings Lookback

On the outskirts of PDPK | © Soumo's Railways
This observation is from November 01, and this was made before I left for the central India trip which was unfortunately cut short due to illness (read here), and these expected updates were delayed. I am trying to share the pending updates before I post the newer ones, so this goes as the second last update from early November, and another one remains - after which I shall move to the newer updates.

In this update today, I am sharing the arrival of the 22836 Puri Shalimar SF Express (weekly) to the Shalimar Railway station via the PDPK Railway station. The train was being hauled by a VSKP-Visakhapatnam WAG5 locomotive (no. 23838). The lovely Barbie Doll livery is irregular but not a rare visitor to the SHM-Shalimar railway station with this train. The normal loco for this train is a VSKP-Visakhapatnam WAP4 however. I have spotted this particular WAG5 loco earlier with this train, and you can see the earlier spotting videos that I have shared below.

VSKP WAG5 no. 23838 was manufactured by the 'Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW)' and it's mfg date was on January 01, 1994. This loco was previously owned by Vijayawada loco shed. Read more about this loco on this IRFCA page here.

Mr. Rabin Saha, on YouTube kindly informed that VSKP WAG5 no. 23838 was involved in inaugural run of Vishakhapatnam-Araku Glass special passenger. As I quote him" ...NKJ WAG5s are more clear than ET,TKD and VSKPs.Last week I spotted same coloured NKJ brothers at my local station Santoshpur (SSP).I would like to inform you that VSKP WAG5P #23838 which was spotted by you twice was involved in inaugural run of Vishakhapatnam-Araku Glass special passenger".
His comment can be found on this video in context of this post here.

This loco is somewhat special to me. The picture of this loco was used by me as profile picture on my YouTubeFacebook and Twitter accounts for quite sometime. This also got a re-share on Instagram and received many favourites/ likes on the shared picture.

Do watch the video of Puri SHM SF Express arriving at SHM here:




Now I wish to share some old spottings. Here is when the loco was spotted earlier:



And 22836 coming again earlier to SHM with the same loco:






As the train approaches | © Soumo's Railways
Here is the RF Data (for the current observation):
Date: November 01, 2017
Place: PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: VSKP - Visakhapatnam WAG5 (no. 23838)
Loco Shed: VSKP - Visakhapatnam
Loco Zone: East Coast Railway
Train: 22836 Puri Shalimar Weekly SF Express

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumo's Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment